Discovering Ice was started by Steph and Andres, a couple in their twenties who both gave up their jobs to travel the world and find a way to make full-time travel a lifestyle choice funded through online entrepreneurship.
Since then, we have been working on what we like to call “The Experiment“, where we are creating online automated technology based businesses that will give us full location independence, allowing us to travel anywhere in the world funded by our online work. You can read more about our motivations and plans for ‘The Experiment’ here.
Discovering Ice was set up quickly after we decided to travel the world and experiment with becoming location independent through online entrepreneurship. We wanted a place to share our travel, lifestyle and online business experiences for family, friends and more, as well as a personal memory log for ourselves, so that we can look back on all of our amazing experiences so far!
We want to thank you for taking the time to read our ‘About’ section. We hope you will check out other parts of our site and that you will return again in the future.
If you’d like an easier way to keep up to date with our Experiment, you can subscribe to our RSS here, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or just send us a good old-fashioned email to email@example.com to say hi or leave a comment in the comment-box below!
We really love to get comments and hear from people and we always reply to everyone!
10 Random Facts About Steph:
- Between 5th Jan 2011 and 5th Jan 2012 exactly, I visited 4 new continents (Africa, North America, Asia and South America)
- I love photography, film, traveling (of course) and meeting new people and places.
- I am currently learning Spanish (slowly).
- I could survive on just popcorn and eggs (not together….obviously…)
- I love the words: pleb, bucket, noble, calamity, quite, item, fathom
- I dont like the words: piddle, crust, ‘capri pants’, ‘panty-hoes’
- I love dogs (dags, D’ya like dags?)
- I also love wilder beasts…poor guys, always the victim
- I love humans…most of the time
- I still convince myself I can get a tan despite being possibly the palest person in the world
10 Random Facts About Andres:
- I’m an internet geek
- I like to read…a lot
- I love learning new things
- I used to do martial arts
- I paid my way through college by numerous businesses. I have sold everything you can imagine, from women’s skincare products to setting up a online food ordering website in the college where students could order from the campus restaurants.
- Education is the key to solving most of the worlds problems. With education comes moral values.
- I traveled the world with my job but didn’t get to see anything. This time I’m doing it right
- I love camping gadgets
- I’ve been to India 5 times
- I also run a blog on digital marketing, online advertising, programming, search engine optimization and other geek things at Trick Or Tip
Finally, let us finish with this quote which summarizes our travel and life philosophy perfectly:
“make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security and adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning and its incredible beauty.”
― Jon Krakauer – Into The WIld